Monday, June 1, 2009

AMLN, ELN, DNDN - Brief updates

AMLN
Essentially, I am staying put and really not adding anymore shares. Right now, I am not giving much "weight" pun intended to the obesity pipeline. My reasoning is that Amylin with current management and its approach to marketing and sales, have not demonstrated that they can have a blockbuster injectable when going against inferior oral drugs... I will turn on a dime if they start doing better... Maybe the new VP can turn it around... But certainly based on side effect and efficacy, Amylin obesity drugs should dominate... But then again so should symlin and byetta... So until management can show me what they can do in sales with Byetta and LAR, I am ignoring the obesity potential.
DNDN
Nothing new to report. Same strategy as previously posted.
ELN
I have increased my activities in ELN, sold more puts with the intent to add to my initial shares... The more I learn about Tysabri and the positive impact it has on MS patients (see link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JXDLHcWyws ), the more I think this stock is very undervalued and certainly could do a 4-5x from here. The problem is that I never buy all the shares I want to own in a company all at once... I build the investment in stages, as I learn about the company and get more comfortable with the various forces that affect the share price. Typically I build the position in 4 or 5 stages. I have done stage I with ELN, but this time, I might not have time to add more... The stock jumped a bit today on news that Bristol-Myer, might be interested in buying a piece of ELN. So I probably wont be adding shares by selling puts, I had the June $6... I will have to decide if I should just buy stage II in the open market.

No comments: